ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt domain line limit?

1997-05-23 04:31:06
Subject: Re: dsm.opt domain line limit?
From: Klaus Dilper <Klaus.Dilper AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 04:31:06 -0400
On Thu, 22 May 1997 12:03:06 -0500, Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 wrote:

>Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
>------------------------------
>>Date:    Wed, 21 May 1997 09:37:30 -0400
>>From:    Sean D Curran <scurran AT EPSILON DOT COM>
>>Subject: dsm.opt domain line limit?
>>
>>Can anyone confirm what the limit is for the "domain" line in
>>the dsm.opt file?
>>
>>We just added a slew of entries and the nightly backup FAILED.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Sean
>>
>------------------------------
>I have not seen the actual limit on how long the string can be for the domain
>statment but I do know that you can "chain" domain statments together.
>You can use multiple DOMAIN statements to build a list of all your file
>systems.
>Example:  DOMAIN /  /usr /var /home ...
>          DOMAIN /dept/data /src /src/work ...
>          ... ... ...
>
>Hope this helps;
>Chuck T.

I actually would like to se a statement from the ADSM development team about
our discussion. I'm not quite sure whether chaining DOMAIN statements work
correctly or not. It is obviously not an documented feature.

Klaus

Klaus Dilper
Klaus Dilper
University of Karlsruhe
Computing Centre
InterNet: Klaus.Dilper AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
VoiceNet: +49-721-608-4040
FaxNet  : +49-721-32550
SnailNet: Box 6980, D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany