ADSM-L

ADSM Trace Info and Scheduled Backups

1997-05-22 17:35:03
Subject: ADSM Trace Info and Scheduled Backups
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 17:35:03 -0400
From: Peter Thomas on 05/22/97 05:35 PM

Is there any way to pass the -traceflag and -tracefile parameters to a
backup being performed through a Scheduled backup?

I've tried placing these options within the "Overriding Client Options" of
the associated schedule event, and yes, I do see them displayed as this is
what the client will perform; however, the file specified for the
-tracefile parameter :does not receive the "client Setup / Process Dirs /
..." values I;d expoect to see while using inst_client_detail.
..." values I;d expoect to see while using inst_client_detail.

I find that I also can't place these within the DSM.OPT file, that again,
it's not the same as acrutally specifying them on the ADSM command line.

This is being done with a Windows'95 client.

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial
Phone: (416)963-7371
Fax: (416)926-5454