ADSM-L

Re: NT Client Include/Exclude list

1997-05-22 11:39:09
Subject: Re: NT Client Include/Exclude list
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:39:09 -0400
Peter:
On NT 4.0, your "user profile" can get backed up either by a logical
registry backup or by backing up the NTUSER.DAT file.  Both are not
necessary.

The problem is that when the ADSM Scheduler Service runs, the "current
user" is the ADSM Scheduler Service, not you, even if you are logged on.
  So the registry backup picks up THAT profile, not yours.  And if you
are logged on at the same time, then your NTUSER.DAT is not backed up
because it is open for exclusive use.

That is the reason for putting the DSMC REGBACK USER CURUSER in your
startup, because it backs up the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key as YOU.

If you put the DSMC REGBACK USER CURUSER in the PRESCHEDULECMD, the
question is, who is the "current user"?  I suspect it is still the
Scheduler Service, not you.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
301-953-6000 X8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert