ADSM-L

FW: Problems with Win32 client on Windows 95

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: FW: Problems with Win32 client on Windows 95
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/21/97 4:10PM
It sounds as though you configuration is similar to mine - both Win95 and NT
4.0 on the same PC (separated by Boot Manager in my case), and with a comon
drive for application code such as ADSM.  I share this directory between both
systems with no problems, using PTF 6.

I asked questions before I did the nstall on NT as to whether it was
necessary to reinstall, and I got varied answers - My actual experience was
that the Admin client ran fine after I built the appropriate  icons, but I
had divide by 0 problems with the backup client (which are caused my a music
CD in the drive) - but before I figured this out I removed and reinstalled
the code.  When I was done, I went back to Win95 and everything was fine.

Assuming that you had installed on Win95 already, then what you have done
**should** work.  Since it obviously isn't then the only thing I can sugggest
is that answer I hate to hear - try reinstalling the client.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    5/21/97 4:10 PM