ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Bad Disk Drives - your thoughts

1997-05-15 06:32:00
Subject: Re: ADSM and Bad Disk Drives - your thoughts
From: Sal Salak Juraj <IMCEAMS-KEBALINZ_CENTRAL_sal AT MSMAIL.KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:32:00 +0200
Sherry,

You are right in that ADSM a lot of functionality etc.
That is why all forum members use it and
share their time in discussions about.

While Mark was really asking after notification,
his (and mine) real concern is simply
ability to restore exactly what was backuped yesterday.
And here has ADSM´s incremental backup
under circumstances a leak.

A wort about comparision with another backup products:
While another backup products do not have the functionality
you asked rhetorical questions about,
they also will not automatically erase indexes of older tapes
just after they have found an inaccessible file system.

Juraj Salak
sal AT keba.co DOT at