ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:07
     Oh, this would be done by moving the node to a domain that doesn't
     have an archive copy group... Now no new archives can happen but it
     really can't just throw the existing ones away so the
     GRACE PERIOD comes into play.... with no copy group to indicate
     retention duration anymore the grace period takes over and the files
     are deleted "GRACE PERIOD" number of days from the time of the
     "CREATION" of the archive..... not the day you rolled the node to
     where there was no archive copy group....

     I AM JUST MENTIONING WHAT I"VE READ IN THE MANUALS ! ! ! !

     and then one asks, what if  you assign the node back to a domain with
     a management class WITH an archive copy group? ? ?

     OH, and to really figure out the top information you need to have
     about 4 differnent manuals opened to about 3 different locations each,
     then you still have to pray you are making all the ties correctly....
     AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

     I'm going home now ;-)

     later