ADSM-L

Re: Your Thoughts Please

1997-05-14 08:29:00
Subject: Re: Your Thoughts Please
From: David Hendrix 216832 <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 07:29:00 -0500
Mark,

IMHO, ADSM was/is working as designed.  If an HP-UX system loses a
filesystem due to a disk failure, it is the sys admin's job to have
monitors in place to detect and prevent extended loss/outage.  I know
this since one of my other roles besides ADSM geek, is sys admin for an
IBM SP2 with about 1TB of data.  Believe me, when we lose a disk on that
machine, I know about it long before any backup process happens, i.e.,
the backup process will not tell me I have a hardware problem.

ADSM's job is to backup client machines, not perform SA duties.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com