ADSM-L

Re: Is there any way.....

1997-05-12 22:42:51
Subject: Re: Is there any way.....
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 21:42:51 -0500
Item Subject: Is there any way.....
     This might work...

     try defining an extra management class (don't assign it the default)
     with all values set to something like 'nolimit'... max out everything
     you can...
     be careful though 'cause it is questionable in my mind after reading
     the different manuals on IF or how ARCHIVES are rebound...  I don't
     think they are except in the case of moving a node to a domain with NO
     archive copy group...

     ANYWAY, then (to cover the backups) have the client code, in the
     proper format for the environment, an include/exclude list that will
     rebind everything to this NOLIMIT management class / copy group...
     something like....
     under unix use
     include /*  nolimmc
     include /*.* nolimmc
     include /.../* nolimmc
     include /.../*.* nolimmc

     I know I'm probably being redundantredundant here but sooo many
     examples from IBM look like this so to cover my ummmm  the extra key
     strokes are NO PROBLEM!

     THEN MAKE SURE AND PERFORM SOME ACTION TO CAUSE THE FILES TO REBIND
     ***BEFORE RUNNING EXPIRATION***  (books list that files will be
     rebound when the next incremental is performed...)

     By the rules this should work BUT... whose to say their rules aren't
     like the rules of big governments and change when they become
     unfavorable? uh hmmm

     later
          uuuuhhhhh
                   John