ADSM-L

Re: UNIX-ADSM Database Backup/Incremental-Full Backups

2015-10-04 18:08:07
Subject: Re: UNIX-ADSM Database Backup/Incremental-Full Backups
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/12/97 4:09AM
To add to the previous answer, there is no way to add the incrementals
together - each time an incremental is taken, a new tape is requested.  The
way you control this is via the delete volhist command given below.

To answer question number 2, I think we need to understand why you want to do
another full backup of the node.  The design principle of ADSM is that the DB
holds all of the info about the backups for a node - you don't need to do a
full backup every so often - why back up data again that hasn't changed?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    5/12/97 4:09 AM

1) Using the command DELETE VOLHISTORY T=DBB TOD=-n allows you to
simulate the retention period n you wish...
rl