ADSM-L

OS/2 adsm server + DLT4700

1997-05-12 02:48:00
Subject: OS/2 adsm server + DLT4700
From: Sal Salak Juraj <IMCEAMS-KEBALINZ_CENTRAL_sal AT MSMAIL.KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:48:00 +0200
Christo,

I do not know DLT4700,
but I assume it will be similar to DAT libraries
I tried.

If  ADSMSDI displays the values correct,
then you must have DLT connected to third SCSI controller
(the numbering begins with 0)
and both the autochanger and tape units configured
to same SCSI ID 4.

If this is true, chnage (using DLT manual) either the
SCSI ID of autochanger or the SCSI ID of tape,
and re-run ADSMSDI.

If this is false, ADSMSDI displays wrong values,
try to define your library using correct values.
Assuming you have only one SCSI controller and
autochanger configured to ID 6, and tape to ID 5,
then correct values would be AUTO06$ and TAPE05$.

I had probably similar observation - ADSMLDI pretended
my changer AIWA D200 to be "unsupported by ADSM",
but defining it with correct values worked well.

Juraj Salak