ADSM-L

Re: One machine/more than one ADSM node?

1997-05-09 11:41:21
Subject: Re: One machine/more than one ADSM node?
From: "Fawzi J. Al-Matar" <fjmatar AT EXPEC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 18:41:21 +0300
We have about six sun servers with about 700+ filesystem. We have a
daily incremental backup for all.  Yes, we managed to backup all FS with
the backup window of about 10 hours.  Here is how it works:

1- We used the adsm command sch to invoke our unix script which will in
turns use adsm command dsmc inc.
2- Four process will be used for each node or sun server in this script.
You can use more or less it depends on your system's power.

For more information, please let me know, so I can detail our method.
We are very happy, since we can backup all of this data in our backup
window.  However, there are disadvantages, such as the retry option
which will be missing.  We are in the process of automating this
function to simulate the retry function.

I hope this help.  This is the least I could do for this useful list.

Regards
Fawzi Al-Matar
Saudi Arabia