ADSM-L

Re: Novell 4.11

1997-05-09 10:08:08
Subject: Re: Novell 4.11
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 10:08:08 -0400
Rob,
        Besides the password for the ADSM server, ADSM also needs to 'log in'
to the Netware server or, in the case of Netware 4.1x, the NDS,  in
order to back it up.  The ID you use must have appropriate rights
(supervisory)  to the volumes objects you want to backup.  If you're
also backing up the NDS, you must have supervisory rights to the highest
container level being backed up.  Also remember that when you log in to
the NDS, you need to use a fully distinguished name
(.cn=<adsmid>.ou=xxxxx.o=yyyy) or, if bindery context is set to
.ou=xxxxx.o=yyyyy, you can just specify <adsmid>
In a 4.1x environment, you can set up 1 ADSM account with appropriate
rights to all of your 4.1 servers/volumes, and use that account to back
them all up.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com