ADSM-L

NODENAME in dsm.sys not working? (AIX 4.1, adsm V2 R1 L0.6G)

1997-05-08 17:52:03
Subject: NODENAME in dsm.sys not working? (AIX 4.1, adsm V2 R1 L0.6G)
From: Fred Hucht <fred AT THP.UNI-DUISBURG DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 23:52:03 +0200
Hello,

in contrast to the docs, ADSM clients doesn't like the option NODENAME
in dsm.sys (under AIX 4.1):

root> dsmc
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 2, Release 1, Level 0.6G
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1996, All Rights Reserved.

ANS4042S Invalid option 'NODENAME' found in options file '/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/
ANS4042S Invalid option 'NODENAME' found in options file '/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/
dsm.sys'
         at line number : 4
         Invalid entry : 'Nodename              370a'

ANS4043S Invalid keyword specified
But I'd like to shorten our nodenames, as the hostname incl. domain is
But I'd like to shorten our nodenames, as the hostname incl. domain is
not very desriptive.

In dsm.opt the option NODENAME works, but that's no solution as then
password generation doesn't work.

Whats wrong, bug or feature?

    Fred

Fred Hucht, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Duisburg, Germany
Email: fred AT thp.Uni-Duisburg DOT DE
http://WWW.thp.Uni-Duisburg.DE/
"Der Koerper der algebraischen Zahlen ist kein algebraischer Zahlkoerper"
(E. Landau, Zahlentheorie (1927), Satz 718)