ADSM-L

problem with UPDATE Volume..

1997-05-08 13:52:06
Subject: problem with UPDATE Volume..
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 10:52:06 PDT
Unfortunately, the whereaccess=offsite option of the Update Volume command
was inadvertently disabled in PTF 12 (see PQ01122).  This will be fixed in
the next service level.  Until then, you can issue Query Volume for each
offsite volume, perhaps by using Query Volume to get the offsite volume
names and then editing this list into a macro for the Update Volume commands.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development
------------------------------- Referenced Note ---------------------------
I am running an AIX Server V2 R1 Level 012 and I am trying to update my
I am running an AIX Server V2 R1 Level 012 and I am trying to update my
offsite volumes with a location.  Following the book:

adsm> q v off* access=offsite

OFF001                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      25,378.5   14.4    Full
OFF002                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      20,885.5   23.3    Full
OFF003                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      20,401.8   17.6    Full
OFF007                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      15,360.0   20.4  Filling
OFF008                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      22,522.6   27.6    Full
OFF009                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      18,924.3   47.5  Filling
OFF010                    OFFSITEPOOL  DLTTAPE      23,400.4   23.3  Filling
.
.
.

Does return the volumes that are in our offsite vault.  So, now I do:

adsm> update v whereaccess=offsite location="1208 Stoughton"

And I get:

ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME: No volumes updated.

Huh?

I have also tried 'update v * whereaccess=offsite' which returns the same
ANR2212I message.

To top it all off, if I do:
'update v off* whereaccess=offsite,readw location="..."'

It sets my onsite tapes to that location!  It seems to be ignoring the
'offsite' access mode in the search.  It does not matter where I put the
offsite.  I have also used other qualifiers like wherestatus and wherestg.

Bug or bad dream?

Bob Booth