ADSM-L

Re: Re/Que: DR Question for Copy Pools

2015-10-04 18:08:06
Subject: Re: Re/Que: DR Question for Copy Pools
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/7/97 1:52PM
We issue the Upd vol command to mark the tapes offsite via an Admin Schedule.
I believe the DRM acility does a similar process.  You might be able to have
a scheduled TMS command issue the F ADSM,U VOL command...... We have TMS
looking for the messages that come out of the U VOL command to know which
tapes to eject from the STK Silos and prepare for offsite shipping.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson@thehartford

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    5/7/97 1:52 PM

Christo,
Once the volumes are marked offsite ADSM will not request that the tape
be mounted.  ADSM will merely ask for a new scratch volume.  As for a
one-to-one relationship between volumes - definitely not.  All sorts of
things could happen to cause more files to be placed on a volume in the
primary versus a volume in the copy.

Now I have a question. What mechanism marks vols offsite?  I know it can
be done manually with the upd vol command.  But can it be done
automatically, with TMS or RMM hooks perhaps?

Ron Clendenny  <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
Fulton, Missouri

"You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright