ADSM-L

HPUX 10 and VXFS

2015-10-04 18:08:06
Subject: HPUX 10 and VXFS
From: Gavin Ring/AALC/AlcatelAustralia [SMTP:gavin.ring AT ALCATEL.COM DOT AU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello

I am after information on how ADSM customers are backing up VXFS =
filesystems on
HPUX 10 machines.

The ADSM documentation states that VXFS filesystems are NOT supported.

According to our IBM ADSM rep support is not going to be available until =
1Q98.

We are testing the backup and restore of VXFS filesystems using the =
latest ADSM
HPUX 10 client and have found some problems, but because VXFS is not =
supported,
we can not report it to IBM.

1. Has anyone else had problems backing up and restoring VXFS =
filesystems
2. Is anyone using ADSM with VXFS filesystems
3. Is anyone concerned that support for this filesystem is a long time =
in
coming.

TIA

Gavin