ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Read Performance

1997-05-07 07:26:04
Subject: Re: 3590 Read Performance
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 07:26:04 -0400
David,
        This depends on whether you have collocation enabled or disabled for
your offsite tapes.  I did come across a perfomance bug at our DR test
in April.  It turns out there's a problem in ADSM when recovering a
client directly from the offsite storagepool if the onsite copy was in a
disk storagepool when the offsite copy was taken.  ADSM will issue an
ANR1421W message on the server console for EVERY file being restored and
a corresponding 'ANS4118I Waiting for mount of offline media' on the
client.  This causes ADSM to stop between every file being restored - we
ended up seeing thruput of about 2,000 files, 40 MB of data, in 90
minutes.  APAR IX67738 was opened.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com