ADSM-L

Win NT disaster recovery

1997-05-06 12:08:13
Subject: Win NT disaster recovery
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 12:08:13 EDT
We are planning to do a recovery test at the disaster hot site this
summer. We're going to bring empty machines to do recoveries of
OS/2, Novell, and Win NT servers.  I've figured out the OS/2 and Novell
client bootable diskette recoveries, but I don't know much about Win NT
As I read the doc I got from Redbook Piece ADSM Client Disaster
Recovery, it appears the only way to recover an NT server is to have
100 MB bootable partition installed on a removable hard drive, that
we'd have to bring to the hot site.  Do I understand this correctly?
Thanks for any help!
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM