ADSM-L

Re: Colocating in a limited library

1997-05-06 11:27:23
Subject: Re: Colocating in a limited library
From: "Kent L. Johnson" <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 11:27:23 -0400
We use to the 'maxscratch' parameter of the storage pool to accomplish this.

ADSM will never allocate more than 'maxscratch' volumes for the storage pool.
 So, it accomplishes your objective.  In one of our storage pools, we have
over 400 clients with collocated data stored on 50 3590 tapes.

When a new client's data is to be moved to the storage pool, ADSM will first
try to select a scratch tape, but if the storage pool already has
'maxscratch' volumes then it will select the tape with the lowest utilization
in the storage pool.

At least that's the way I understand it, and it works for us.

Kent

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu