ADSM-L

Re: Can I install adsm client software for AIX v3.2 to AIX 4

1997-05-06 08:45:48
Subject: Re: Can I install adsm client software for AIX v3.2 to AIX 4
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 08:45:48 -0400
Hi Julie,

You should use the client software that is appropriate for your version of AIX,
i.e. use the AIX 4.1 client for AIX 4.1.

The reason for the difference in size is the packaging. The AIX 3.2 client
includes *all* the language files, while the AIX 4.1 (and 4.2) client includes
only the US English language support files. If you need support for a different
language, you need to pull down the "loc" and "msg" files for the language you
need. Refer to the "...README.ftp" file in /adsm/fixes/v2r1/aix/4.1 for further
information.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
---------------------- Forwarded by Andrew Raibeck/San Jose/IBM on 05-06-97