ADSM-L

Re: Netware Server Volume Reorganisation

1997-05-06 03:42:01
Subject: Re: Netware Server Volume Reorganisation
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 09:42:01 +0200
> Do you have any comments about the merging of two separate Netware
> servers onto one?
>
> Dianne Sharp

Hi Dianne,

Your question about merging two netware servers is something that is bothering
me
as well - I have 5 Novell severs running three different versions of netware
.. Can
you imagine what can go wrong when restoring all five to one ???

Well I do not have an answer yet - apart from our netware guys saying it is
possible.

I'll be doing this merging sometime this week as part of a DR Test for their
environment
so I will let you all know my findings. I will also be using the bare metal
restore
recommendations to restore the first server - SO, wish me luck...

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg
South Africa