ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:08:06
     USE :
     delete volhist t=dbb tod=-7
     meaning of above : DELETE from the VOLume HISTtory file all entries of
     Type equal Data Base Backup TO Day equal an implied today minus seven
     days...

     later
          Dwight

Subject: ADSM Database Backups
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    5/1/97 9:18 AM

     Can someone please explain to me how the database backup tapes or if
     they are reclaimed?

     We where doing some checking and found we have 700 tapes of adsm.dbb
     type.

     If there a way to check on any of the tape volsers that show adsm.dbb
     using a adsm command?

     When a tape is called for in the database backup process, it shows i
     the activity log it's assigned to DBBKUP.  Is this standard or is
     DBBKUP something we've named.

     Sorry for these questions, but IBM installed and set up our server and
     clients.

     Sherry Jackson
     Whirlpool Corporation

--MimeMultipartBoundary--