ADSM-L

Re: ADSM software updates

1997-04-30 11:44:58
Subject: Re: ADSM software updates
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:44:58 -0400
The latest PTF's (including fixes and new releases of clients ) are
available on the Internet from the ADSM FTP server.

But, if you have access to IBMLINK, you can get the information there
instead.
Look at entry II07777 on IBMLINK (or have your IBM rep get it for you
regularly if you don't have access yourself).
It is a list of all the levels of the servers and clients for all ADSM
platforms, and it is updated continuously.
Each fix or release has a regular IBM PTF (fix) number.  You (or your
IBM rep) can order a tape (or floppy or CD-ROM) of that fix number from
IBM just like you do any other software fix.

We usually order the tape, so as not to have to deal with the
firewall/Internet/security issues.  The fix tapes arrive in 2 days.

The only drawback is time - if you need something that is VERY new, it
appears on the FTP server for download sooner than the fix tape becomes
available for ordering.