ADSM-L

restore after incorrect backup

1997-04-24 19:20:49
Subject: restore after incorrect backup
From: "Marcos A. Morelatto" <morelatto AT INAME DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 20:20:49 -0300
Hello ADSMers,

last week we recover a Netware client (4 Gbytes volume) using ADSM, but
after the restore the users relates that a lot of files was missing. Using
the scheduler log we discover that during the last scheduled backup the
ADSM client after doing a lot of normal backups can't read two files and
after this errors all files examined was marked incorrectly as expired
(~=6000).  :-((

To recover quickly, and due user pressure, we use the "-LATEST -REP=NO"
parameters for a second restore. Note: we move the files to this server
only a week before this disaster and due this we don't recover a great
number of "Inactive" files.

Is this the best recover strategy for this type of disaster, or the
"-TODATE -REP=NO" is a best choice for the second restore?

Best regards,

Marcos A. Morelatto
HUMAITÁ - Informática e Tecnologia (A Mercedes Benz Company)
EMail: morelatto AT iname DOT com