ADSM-L

Re: Copypool offsite

1997-04-18 09:58:03
Subject: Re: Copypool offsite
From: Jochen Herkenrath <Jochen.Herkenrath AT SWISSRE DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:58:03 -0400
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:38:47 -0600, Jane Dagostino-Snyder wrote:

>Environemnt: Server MVS using TMS.
>
>I want to sent my copypool to an offsite location.   In order to do that I
>need to know which tapes these are.  I want to be able to route these
>tape volume numbers to either 1).   a pull list report   2) Use AFOPER?
>Manually looking every time the process is run is not an acceptable
>option, I need to put in place an automatic method.
>
>If I could some how distingish between the copypool tapes and the
>backuppool tapes in regards to the Dataset name produced, 'they both
>look like ADSM.BFS' verses the database backup tapes that look like
>ADSM.DBB as its dataset name.
>
>How are the rest of you folks doing this and any suggestions would be
>great.     Thanks, Jane

Hi Jane,

If you use ADSM V2.1 (maybe you need PTF Level 12) you can license to use
the ADSM Disaster Recovery Manager  feature.

With this feature you can use the MOVE DRMEDIA command to identify
volumes that are moved offsite.

You can get more information in the Disaster Recovery Manager
Administrator's Guide and Reference (GC35-0238-00)

Jochen