ADSM-L

Help with install for many Win/95 Clients

1997-04-16 11:35:22
Subject: Help with install for many Win/95 Clients
From: Greg Buchanan <buchanan AT PWGI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:35:22 -0400
We are investigating a roll out of ADSM for Windows NT with many (approx
50) windows 95 clients.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to do this ?

Specifically,

1) Can I install a shared copy on the server for all users ?
     If so
     How do I install the ADSM windows client on the server ?
     Can I also launch the backup scheduler from a logon script ?
     Can I store a users DSM.OPT on the server as well ?

If not, do you have any other suggestions ???

Finally, is there a GUI based backup client which gracefully shuts down
when the Win 95 shuts down, or do I have to use the character based client
?

Pointers to references (either on the net or elsewhere) would be
appreciated.

Thank You.