ADSM-L

Re: client schedule security question

1997-04-03 11:56:36
Subject: Re: client schedule security question
From: Tom Denier <tom AT STAFF.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:56:36 -0500
Steven P Roder wrote:

> > If I start an administrative client session, the
> > password goes over the network. What can I do to
> > maximize ADSM security?
>
> Not true.  The password is encrypted, and then sent.  To decrypt it, one
> would need to know the key being used.

If the person running dsmadmc is using telnet or an X terminal to
connect to the system where dsmadmc actually runs, the password will
probably go from the desk top to dsmadmc in clear text (there are
telnet implementations with encryptation, but they are still relatively
uncommon). The password will be encrypted when it travels from dsmadmc
to the ADSM server.