ADSM-L

SP2 versus ES9000

1997-03-25 08:31:13
Subject: SP2 versus ES9000
From: Steve Fletcher <ursus AT NMAA DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:31:13 -0500
We are in the planning stage of our ADSM implentation.  Currently, ADSM is
installed on an SP2 which is connected to a 3490 tape controller via SCSI,
shared by our mainframe (CMOS 9672).  Switching the tape system between
platforms is a manual process performed by an operator. Our initial intent
is to use ADSM to back our Unix servers and possibly our increasing number
of NT servers.

QUESTION:  What would be the advantages / disadvantages of running the ADSM
on the SP2 versus installing/running it from our mainframe?

Thanks!
Steve Fletcher
Giant of Maryland, Inc.