ADSM-L

media mount wait time question

1997-03-20 10:50:31
Subject: media mount wait time question
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 16:50:31 +0100
Hi,

I just started two concurrent archive sessions using the
dsm GUI, each archiving another directory from the same
client to the same ADSM server. The archive goes
to the same tape volume. I understand that the
first archive session monopolizes the
tape and begins archiving the files, while the second
session shows "Waiting for mount of off-line media..."
Now the first session shows "Archive completed" and I
thought that now the second session would immediately
start to archive its files. Nothing happend.
The first session is in Idle Wait state and the second
remains in Media Wait state. The second session started
the archive immediately after the first session ended!
Starting the sessions from two different clients has
the same effect.
Does this mean that a user can block the tape forever
if he never finishes his session? Or is there a time-out
value that can be set?
I was using the AIX server 2.1.0.12 and AIX client 2.1.0.6
and a HP DAT.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany