ADSM-L

Re: File names with spaces?

2015-10-04 18:09:30
Subject: Re: File names with spaces?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/19/97 7:52AM
I have not had the opportunity to play around with long file names under
NetWare, but I did have the privledge of sitting with one of our LAN
administrators one time when we was restoring files for a Win95 user that
resided on a NetWare machine,  The problem that he ran into (and got around)
was that when you view the files from NetWare, he couldn't see the whole name
just a shortened version.  What he did was do a RESTORE (file spec) -pick
-subdir=yes just to see what short names were being used.  I think the same
thing could be done with a Q BAckup command as well.  If you use Q backup
thing could be done with a Q BAckup command as well.  If you use Q backup
beware os the scrollprompt values.

At any rate, he used the output from these to determine exactly what the
naming structure was and then went from there to restore the files.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com