ADSM-L

Invalid file names

1997-03-17 14:00:00
Subject: Invalid file names
From: Steve Wilson <SteveW AT DIS.WA DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:00:00 PST
     ADSM will skip any files which have the wildcards ( * and ?) in the
file name.   I have recently discovered another character which will cause
the backup to stop without any messages in the log files (dsmsched.log and
dsmerror.log) for a NT machine.     This is the "%" character which is used
for batch substation.    It appears that  a cache file created by Microsoft
Internet Explorer (button%20hot%20new.gif), when interpreted by ADSM,  will
substitute a value at the "%".   Then  ADSM  can not find the file and
quits.

     My question is, what are valid file names for Microsoft products?.
   If they allow special characters(*,?,%)
 in their file names then why doesn't ADSM support it?