ADSM-L

Integrated backup: has anyone experience/knowledge

1997-03-17 10:41:18
Subject: Integrated backup: has anyone experience/knowledge
From: "Rafael J. Goldschmidt" <Rafagold AT CANOPUS.COM DOT AR>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:41:18 EST
Hi ADSMers!
As nobody answered I am resending this, just in case somebody can help
me:
I have a customer who wants an integrated backup.  They have an AS/400
which would work as an ADSM server, they also have Novell and Win NT
servers which will would be the ADSM backup clients.  They want to integrate
this with the AS/400 backup (perhaps using BRMS/400).
The customer wants to have a list of all objects backed up independent
of the platform (AS/400 or Novell or Win NT).  I suggested the
possibility of integrating the ADSM and BRMS databases.
Has somebody in the cyberspace experience or knowledge or good ideas or
suggestions with this?
Thank you very much!

Rafael J. Goldschmidt
Buenos Aires, Argentina