ADSM-L

Re: atime and device special files

1997-03-14 13:10:31
Subject: Re: atime and device special files
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:10:31 -0800
Trevor,
I don't know about the atime but as far as device files go, someone on this
list posted a suggestion long time ago to use cpio to 'backup' the device
special files to a disk archive which will then be backed up by ADSM.

At 04:11 PM 3/14/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Trevor Foley
>14/03/97 16:11
>On:
>
>Hi,
>
>Like others on this list, we have issues with ADSM updating atime when
>backing up files and not handling device special files. We are about to
>start work on a wrapper, that will reset atime to what it was before a
>backup was run and to record information about device special files that
>will be used as part of a restore operation. We cannot affort to wait until
>ADSM supports these features.
>
>Has anyone done anything similar to this and would be prepared to share
>their experices/code?
>

>Trevor

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.