ADSM-L

Re: Scheduling Client restores

1997-03-13 15:40:04
Subject: Re: Scheduling Client restores
From: Francisco Reyes <reyesf AT SUPER.ZIPPO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:40:04 -0500
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:32:59 -0500, Prather, Wanda wrote:

>Can you explain briefly how this is done?
>Do you have to be using SCHEDMODE PROMPTED for this to work?

No you don't have to use Schedmode prompted to do a scheduled
restore.

Basically in the same way you can schedule an incremental in version
1.X you can schedule a restore.
Using the GUI Admin....
* Open the "backup archive/schedule"
*Select Edit/Add
*Fill out Policy domain, schedule name, description and associated
notes
*On operation select action restore.
*Put any overriding options such as "-sub=yes"
*Fill the "Objects" entry field. Example: "server_a\vol1:\*
server_b\vol1:\"  would restore all of vol1 of server_a to vol1 of
serverb.
*Timing is the same as for any other schedule operation.