ADSM-L

Re: 2 MVS Servers

1997-03-12 06:14:52
Subject: Re: 2 MVS Servers
From: "STRUWE; IT 5" <struwe.OCP-65 AT HELLA.MHS.COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 06:14:52 EST
Hi Taylor

I ran two ADSM MVS Server on our Produktion LPAR!
       First for AIX/HPUX/SGI Clients  (ADSM DB 4GB)
       Second for OS2/NT Clients       (ADSM DB 1,5 GB)

I've Split the first ADSM because of Problems with incorrect records
in the ADSM DB!

Nice Day

Michael

Hella KG Hueck & CO

Michal,

Are you saying that you run two copies of ADSM Server within the same
MVS
image, or are you running two copies of ADSM MVS Server on the same
physical
machine, but each in a different logical partition?

Thanks in advance,

Taylor Mitchell

Has anyone run 2 MVS servers on the same mainframe with one loadlib?
(and one set of hlp/msg files)  but with 2 of everything else:
2 started tasks, 2 options files, 2 databases, 2 storage pools.
1 is for TCP/IP clients only, the other would have both LU6.2 clients
and TCP/IP clients.  Does anyone see a problem with that?
Thanks!
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM

We ran 2 MVS / ADSM Server with no Problem.
  You only have to change the TCPIP Port, and
   two ADSMIN oprion,ANRSERV options,
   two DEVCON,DISKLOG and VOLHIST Datasets.

Michal Struwe

Hella KG Hueck & CO