ADSM-L

Move data problem

1997-03-11 17:27:32
Subject: Move data problem
From: Julie Xu <CCJX AT MUSICA.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:27:32 +1000
I have adstar server on RC6000/aix 4.1.4 with one 3590 tape drive.
Afterapplicfew month backups, our all tapes is full and I try to move
data toanother tape storage pool. To do this, I first created a
temperory disk pool and moved data into it then created another liberary
using manual method and using same drive ( we have only one drive).
after created a new tape storage pool and defined volume, I tried to
lable a new tape but I've got messege as:

sp1#dsmlabel -drive=3590driv2
ANR9752E Could not access drive '3590driv2'.  It may be in use by
another application.

It seems the drive is not regconized. How can I let adstar to allow
manual library uses the tape drive?

If I only have one drive, What is the cerrect procedure to move data?

Any comments will be appraciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu
J.Xu AT uws.edu DOT au