ADSM-L

Re: MOVE DRMEDIA locked up our server

1997-03-11 15:58:38
Subject: Re: MOVE DRMEDIA locked up our server
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 12:58:38 -0800
The only time I've seen a similar problem (using ADSM/6000 and a
3494 library) was when my convenience input/output station was
full. The system "hangs" waiting for a place to put the next
tape, and no other tape mount or tape movement operations will
take place until the I/O station is cleared of tapes.

We have a scheduled move drmedia command, and sometimes after a
weekend (when no one is in), the I/O station fills up and
Monday's move drm doesn't finish until things are cleared up.

When this has occurred, the 3494 always has the operator
intervention light flashing, requesting a clearance of the I/O
station.

 -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>