ADSM-L

Re: 3494/3590 question

1997-03-10 13:51:02
Subject: Re: 3494/3590 question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:51:02 -0500
>I'm wondering if, b/c the 3590s are twin-tailed, I can hook all
>six 3590s to each of the two ADSM servers without causing any
>conflicts. ...
>... but I'm thinking that the 3494 will arbitrate things,

From my examination of the 3494/3590 device drivers manual it is the
Reserve/Release facility of the 3590 drives themselves which should prevent
conflicts: I don't see that the 3494 gets involved in that arbitration.
I would expect that ADSM is invoking full protocol, including Reserve/Release,
and should thus avoid conflicts.  But as another 3494/3590/ADSM customer I
would appreciate any definitive word that the ADSM people would have.
     Richard Sims, Boston University OIT