ADSM-L

How can I reach the client of a Novell server?

2015-10-04 18:09:29
Subject: How can I reach the client of a Novell server?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/9/97 3:32PM
With ADSM, all clients (whether NetWare or Windows 3.1 or whatever) have a one
to one relationship with the ADSM server.  Therefore, there must be a common
network protocol between the clients and the ADSM server.  I am not familiar
with what the AS/400 server supports, but that might be TCP/IP or IPX/SPX.

Thinking of the LAN Server in it's typical - center of the universe - position
causes confusion here, as the NetWare ADSM client does not function in a store
and forward mode - it only provides backup services for the NetWaremachine
itself.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com