ADSM-L

Delete Volumes in copy storage pool

1997-03-05 03:54:02
Subject: Delete Volumes in copy storage pool
From: Daniel Meuli <dmeuli AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:54:02 +0100
I'm a bit confused about the volumes used for a copy storage pool.

When I do a backup from primary to copy storage pool the first time, a
fullbackup is done. Every further backup will be incremental, until I
switch to a new copy storage pool. Now I would like to keep two
generations of copy pool on tape and any older version I would like to
return to scratch.

Does anybody have a idea, how I can return this tapes to scratch,
without specifying every volname separatly in the command DELETE VOLUME
volname DISCARDDATA=YES?

I'm running ADSM V2.1.5.11 on AIX 4.1.4.
--
With kind regards!
With kind regards!

Daniel Meuli