ADSM-L

Shared memory communication on AIX

2015-10-04 18:09:29
Subject: Shared memory communication on AIX
From: Larry Sanders[SMTP:MAINT AT MIZZOU1.MISSOURI DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We're just getting started with the ADSM server on AIX.  We are running
version 2.1.5.12 of the AIX server and version 2.1.0.6 of the AIX client
under AIX 4.1.5.  I wanted to use shared memory for client connections on
the same machine as the server.  I specified "commmethod sharedmem" and
"shmport 1510" in both dsm.sys and dsmserv.opt.  The connection works fine
if I am logged on, or su-ed, to root.  However, for a non-root user, I get
the following message, which is not documented in the messages manual:

ANS4475E Insufficient authority to connect to the shared memory region

What do I need to do to be able to use shared memory with a non-root client
user?

Larry Sanders                         Internet:  cclrs AT mizzou1.missouri DOT
edu
Larry Sanders                         Internet:  cclrs AT mizzou1.missouri DOT
edu
University Computing Services         BITNET:    CCLRS@MIZZOU1
University of Missouri - Columbia