ADSM-L

Re: Archive files with ADSM

1997-03-04 07:25:13
Subject: Re: Archive files with ADSM
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 14:25:13 +0200
JW wrote,

> Hello,
>
> I use ADSM 'as client node' on an Netware 3.12 server.
Can anybody
> tells me how I can archive files, which are older than
one year ?

> Regards,
>
> JW

Well, there is no automated way to do this currently with
ADSM on Netware, the only paltform where you can do this is
with AIX and soon SUN.
The best way to do what you want to is to write a program
to sort the files which is older than 1 year and then to
pass this list to ADSM to do an archive with the option to
delete the file if archived successfully. So unless you
want to manually select/specify the files to archive, this
is the best you can do currently.

Hope it helps

Regards

Christo Heuer