ADSM-L

Re: Symbolic link problems - Please IBM, respond to this...

1997-03-04 06:45:31
Subject: Re: Symbolic link problems - Please IBM, respond to this...
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 12:45:31 +0100
Hi,

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Christo Heuer wrote:

> Please see these questions in a positive light. I may sound
> harsh but I have to make a strategic descision for
> enterprise backup for one of the largest banks in South
> Africa and I don't need problems like the above in my
> life....

Same for us. We wanted to install ADSM as a campus wide backup
management system. But some users say that it's useless, if they
are not able to restore special files or symbolic links.
I've just installed a test version of Legato's NetWorker. It's
much more expensive than ADSM but it is able to backup special
files and it recovers symbolic links.
So I really want to know if IBM is planning to implement
these features or if we have to spend more money to satisfy
our user's needs.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany