ADSM-L

WIN32 client

1997-03-03 15:23:42
Subject: WIN32 client
From: Steve Holstead <Steve.Holstead AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:23:42 -0700
Please forgive me but this is my first time on this list.

I am trying to make a simple self extracting file for my clients. I
would like to have my clients simply FTP 1 setup.exe file for install
purposes.

The way the win32 client arrives to me is in the form of 7 directories.
These all have a Diskx.id associated with each of the 7 directories. This
packaging forces me to have my clients download all 7 directories or unzip
a file with parameters so the directories are unzipped properly.

My question is twofold:

1. Is it possible for IBM to offer an FTP bundle that was packaged by
   install wizzard so as we may simply ftp a setup.exe file?

2. Has anyone else accomplished this?

TIA

      Steve Holstead                      University of Alberta
  Steve.Holstead AT ualberta DOT ca          Computer and Network Services
    Tel.: (403) 492-4854                  Unix Systems Support
    Fax.: (403) 492-1729              #154 General Services Building
                                         Edmonton, Alberta T6G-2H1
                                               C A N A D A