ADSM-L

Re: Help for Solaris and SGI clients

1997-03-03 12:36:45
Subject: Re: Help for Solaris and SGI clients
From: Helmut Richter <Helmut.Richter AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 18:36:45 +0100
On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Alfred Novacek wrote:

>  - Solaris: These days we got a SUN Netra with Solaris 2.5.1 preinstalled.
> I downloaded the Solaris 2.5 client, but when I tried to install it, the
> installation procedure complained that the Solaris version is 2.5.1 and not
> 2.5 and refused to install the client software.

This has been debated on this list since mid-January, and some
contributors have proposed dirty tricks as work-arounds. I have tried to
get anyone from IBM to respond by asking the same question here on Feb 12
to no avail.

The solution is: Solaris 2.5.1 is not supported by ADSM. Period.

I'm getting heavily under pressure here because I will be running
mission-critical servers without backup. But that's my problem, not
IBM's.

My advice in Bavarian-Austrian neighbourliness is: Sparn S Eanan Aerger
auf fuer was wo S was aendern kennan und nehma S ADSM wias is. Huift eh nix.

Best wishes,

Helmut Richter

Dr. Helmut Richter                       Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
Tel:   +49-89-289-28785                  Barer Str. 21
Fax:   +49-89-2809460                    D-80333 Muenchen
Email: Helmut.Richter AT lrz-muenchen DOT de    Germany