ADSM-L

ADSM High Number of tape mounts

2015-10-04 18:10:12
Subject: ADSM High Number of tape mounts
From: Paul Rockwood [SMTP:prockwoo AT DOMINIONSC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Fellow ADSMers -

We run ADSM version 2.1.0.11 IP21053 and client version 2.1.0.6 on an AIX
4.1.4 server attached to an IBM 3590 with Atape Driver version 2.6.1.0.

On quite a few of my 3590 tapes assigned to my NT Client tape pool, I have
noticed as many as 5000 MOUNTS for a single tape, per the 'q vol fd'
command.  Is this common/normal, or not?  What may be the cause.  I have
noticed in my NT client dsmsched.log files quite a number (this may be the
cause) of "Waiting for offline media" messages during the course of a
backup...

Paul Rockwood
Dominion Semiconductor