ADSM-L

Re: passwordaccess generate

1997-02-27 09:23:44
Subject: Re: passwordaccess generate
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:23:44 -0500
On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Rui S. Pedro wrote:

| Hello, can anyone tell me how to use 'passwordaccess
| generate' in dsm.sys so that I don't need to type the
| password each time I start the scheduler?

| I've read the manual but I think I'm missing something.

It's a bit confusing.  All you need is the following in dsm.sys:

passwordaccesss generate
mailprog /usr/ucb/Mail root

Use your own favorite email binary that accepts subjects and your favorite
person to receive email with notification of the new password.  Run
something like dsmc and change the password for your client.  This should
save the new password to some file like /etc/adsm or something like that.
You did not mention the client you were using so this will vary a little
bit.

If you have a dsm.opt, placing the "nodename" paramter in that file will
cause ADSM to think you are trying to do something againt another client
(i.e., cross-client recovery).  Even if the nodename is the same as the
one you are on, ADSM will ask for a password regardless.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development