ADSM-L

Legal settings for duration of a backup schedule

1997-02-27 09:45:15
Subject: Legal settings for duration of a backup schedule
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:45:15 EST
The help file for DEFINE SCHEDULE says, "The duration of the window
must be shorter than the period between windows."  I would have said
that that just meant that the windows mustn't overlap, i.e., that the
duration must be less than the period between the start of one window
and the *start* of the next one.

However, I'm finding that if I set the duration to more than 11 hours
(i.e., if I make the duration of a window greater than the time between
the *end* of a daily window and the beginning of the next window), the
Scheduler goes berserk and starts scheduling sessions between the
windows.  I thought at first that this must be a problem with bad time
settings on a few clients, but it clearly isn't.

Could we have a clarification, please?  (I *really* need windows longer
than that.)

Melinda Varian,
Princeton University