ADSM-L

ADSM Server Data Archived to MVS Tape Via CA1 TMS 5.1

1997-02-27 10:58:51
Subject: ADSM Server Data Archived to MVS Tape Via CA1 TMS 5.1
From: Carol Trible <trible AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:58:51 PST
  There are a lot of factors that can affect how tapes are filled, and the
 amount of data stored on a tape. Having a MAXCAP of 800MB means ADSM will
 stop filling the tape when it has written 800MB to the tape, or when it
 reaches physical end of volume, whichever comes first.  The 800MB figure
 does not take hardware compression into consideration, if the data is being
 compressed, there will actually be less on the tape.
 How much data do the tapes show they hold in ADSM, and is the status of the
 tapes full?  For full tapes, the Estimated Capacity is the amount of data
 ADSM wrote to the tape.  The %used is how much of that data is still
 valid (not expired). If the tapes are not going to full status, then there
 are other things to look at - like is colocation on?  .
  Carol Trible
   ADSM Development