ADSM-L

Re: Backup File Versioning

1997-02-26 20:17:27
Subject: Re: Backup File Versioning
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:17:27 +1000
Trevor Foley
27/02/97 11:17
On:

Hi,

Am I missing something here. I have my backup copygroup set to VERExist=9
RETExtra=38. According to what I have read here, and my understanding of
what is in the documentation, at least 3 versions of each file should be
retained, and all versions backed up in the last 38 days should be
retained. Is my understanding correct?

Because what I am seeing on my machine doesn't tie up with that. My ADSM
server is AIX, ADSM version 2.1.5.12 and the client that I am looking at at
the moment is WindowsNT, version 2.1.0.6. If I look at all versions of a
file that I know gets backed up every day (dsmsched.log as an example), I
only see 3 versions, one active and 2 inactive. These have modification
dates of the last 3 nights, as I would expect. But what happened to all of
the other versions of the files that were backed up over the last 38 days?

regards,

Trevor

araibeck @ VNET.IBM.COM
26/02/97 23:18